quarantine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
How long should I keep my new Africans in quarantine before introducing them to the home tank?

got-to-love-Chiclids said:
Reason for being quarantined? Bad behavior? Prego? Fry? Ich?

Its good to qt new fish for a minimum of a month. Just to make sure you don't introduce a disease to the tank.

Its good to qt new fish for a minimum of a month. Just to make sure you don't introduce a disease to the tank.

Do you do think even to a freshly cycled/set-up tank? I was thinking of buying two species at the same time and just putting one in the DT and the other in the QT for a month or so.

joel618 said:

It's usually not a problem if u go to a LFS. Just have to look for the common signs for ich and such. But Walmart petco places like that will more then likely have ich

got-to-love-Chiclids said:
It's usually not a problem if u go to a LFS. Just have to look for the common signs for ich and such. But Walmart petco places like that will more then likely have ich

I agree but some illness and parasites can lay dormant for quite a while. This is just ime. I was of the same thinking as you before I got a group of healthy looking rusties that a month later turned out sick. Therefor the rest of my tank got sick.

Cox82 said:
Do you do think even to a freshly cycled/set-up tank? I was thinking of buying two species at the same time and just putting one in the DT and the other in the QT for a month or so.

Its really up to you with a new setup. My bad experience took place after I already had a couple hundred dollars of fish in my dt. Made a vow to qt every new arrival from there on out.

Yeah,I didn't want to introduce any disease or parasites...that being my reason for quaratine..

Back
Top Bottom