Questions??!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossco

Aquarium Advice Activist
Bubble bee? Kenyi and yellow labs .... All suitable tank mates...? And I forgot the name of the yellow cichlid with the black strip goin down it but is that also suitable?

IMO bumblebees, Kenyi, and auratus are the three meanest cichlids that you can chose from

Just guessing auratus. Took a shot in the dark based on what you said.

^^^^^^^this does not mean that I'm saying never to put them together. Just stating the fact that they are very aggressive^^^^^^^^^^

While its true some can be or are labeled as more aggressive then other cichlids. I think it boils down to proper and responsible stocking, good male/female ratio, plenty of hiding spots, large enough tank with some open space to swim and do there thing and a good cleaning schedule. Keeping parameters in check and good food also will help keep them happy.

I've learned from experience that ANY African cichlid can become aggressive even becoming hyper dominate and claim the entire tank and kill 20+ fish.

I guess what I'm saying is this... Every tank is different and every tank will have there own personality. With these fish you never know.

I've had my share of issues by improperly stocking my 75 gallon so of I can stop someone from going through what I went through then I've done my job.

Last edited:
There in a 40 breeder right now with tones of rock work and hiding spots ! Lots of filteration and a great diet ! They will be moved to a bigger tank as they get bigger. And my bank account get larger lol ! The (blue femAle ) Kenyi I believe is just a bulky. I'm not sure if its becuz there is only 2 other fish or unno I'm just lookin for answers

Good to hear you will be getting a bigger tank. Male bumble bee's reach 8" in size. Id say get at least a 75 gal. The bigger the better. Convict hit the nail on the head with his post. All tanks and fish are different. If you notice some mischeif going on in the tank just deal with it accordingly.

Took back the Kenyi . 11 at night fishing for some rainbow trout !!!! Have a great week fish tanker!!! On a side note female Kenyi way to aggressive for the juvenile 40 African breeder ! Hello labs!

Back
Top Bottom