Rainbow cichlid yanking on plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantnoob

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got these two rainbow cichlids in my planted barb tank as centrpiece fish. My understanding was they don't mess with plants or uproot them or dig. Two days in, my Pygmy swords are all but gone. They have been yanking on the leaves, not really eating them but just pulling them apart. Anyone seen that happen?

Also they seem to be a bit wimpy. One of my tiger barbs has got it in for them and chases them around the tank. Hopefully the little bugger will settle down and leave them alone. Any chance they'll muscle up a bit? Hoping they will, they're labeled semi aggressive. Otherwise the barbs will take them for a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ummm yah... my Acara have turned my once lush planted 75 into a desert wasteland.. looks like someone took a weed Wacker through it. They shake the leaves off and swim around with them like a trophy. Obnoxious really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I could be wrong but I think they do it do their spawn site is easily managed in terms of predators etc. They want line of site in all directions.

I could be wrong but I think they do it do their spawn site is easily managed in terms of predators etc. They want line of site in all directions.

Very true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom