Rainbow Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlrust1816

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have recently learned that Rainbow Cichlids will eat thread/hair algae. I happen to have a healthy population of thread/hair algae.

Would a Rainbow Cichlid be able to coexist with my Male and Female Bolivan Rams in a 20 gallon tank?

20 Gallon High
Strong Current with a submerged power head
1 Male Bolivian Ram
1 Female Bolivian Ram
3 Julii Cories
1 Rabauti Cory
5 Serpae Tetras

The Rainbow would be an good choice, and should be just fine with your Rams. It will grow anywhere from 3 to 5 inches long, and thus may become the centerpiece of your aquarium. Also, after your hair algae problem is fixed, make sure you supplement it's diet with other veggie matter, as it has a largley herbivore diet, but will also eat meaty foods, flakes, shrimp, etc. Peas, spirulina flakes/wafers, green veggies, and meaty foods would be best.

Mollies are also a great choice for hair algae, but not as colorful as the Rainbow Cichlid.

HTH

I like rainbow cichlids. I almost bought them a few months ago and ended up buying something else. Now I have no room for them. You will really like them. Good luck if you get them.

Will the Rainbow Cichlid nibble on live plants?

Also will algae wafers supplement their herbivore diet?

Back
Top Bottom