Ram cichlids & ich x ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeaq

Aquarium Advice Activist
Treated my rams with ich x, did the 30% water changes between treatments however after the second treatment all of my rams were breathing at the surface. I stopped treating them with ich x and raised the temp 1 degree in 12hr intervals however over the past 2 days I've lost 5 rams. Anyone here have experience with them? Are they just too sensitive to be treated with ich x? What's the best way to treat them? And what should I do so I don't lose the last 2 rams I have left? the two that are still alive are ich free, and the tank is at 84. All the water parameters are normal.

I think the temp needs to be 86 to battle ich.

Yup, get it to like 86-88. I used Rid Ich + in my community tank when my clowns caught it. My rams did fine with it and it killed all the Ich. Both my rams and clowns are doing very well.

I got lucky with my GBR's after my loach brought home ick. 87 degrees and very light salt, spots gone in 6 days, left temp up two more, then reduce down over 3 days, and they never had to hit the surface and acted normal the whole time. Even my loach survived despite being covered head to tail in the dreaded spots when the the heat sped up the icks life cycle.

Back
Top Bottom