Ram fry/ microworms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeaq

Aquarium Advice Activist
I ordered what I thought to be vinegar eels on eBay until they arrived today and it turned out to be just a starter culture...

I have first bites which I'll try I guess.. eventhough I've read they won't eat it.

my only other option right now are microworms.

Will ram fry eat microworms?

Micro worms are to big. You could probably get some eels out. I know the cultures I sell are packed with eels and you could easily feed one clutch with what I sell.

I've been reading that microworms are fine, I can't tell at all if they're eating though because they're so small and the microworms are barely visible once they're in the tank.

I've had the carbon in the tank for 4 days now and have done 4 15% water changes. do u think it's safe to put the java moss in the tank? Is enough of the methylene blue out yet???

If they're not eating the microworms or the first bites, I want the java moss in there just incase.

Well best of luck, I've never seen success without eels

It's all over the internet that people have had success with microworms.

I set up the vinegar eel culture for future spawns.

Do u think enough methylene blue is out for the java moss to survive?

They're still alive. and today ends day 2 of the free swimming stage. Does this mean they've been eating? Or could they still be alive and just starving to death?

They all died, but I've got another batch of eggs from last night and a smaller egg tank that's been cycling for a month.

Attachments

• image-1226665819.jpg
    image-1226665819.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1753190417.jpg
    image-1753190417.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3166274930.jpg
    image-3166274930.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 56
They laid them on a small rock behind the clay pot. it's a really small rock too I don't know how they managed to do it.

There is methylene blue in there.

I just dipped a qtip in the meth blue then into the tank 4 or 5 times. I am noticing very very small almost microscopic white bug like things jumping around in the egg tank. What should I do??

I just dipped a qtip in the meth blue then into the tank 4 or 5 times. I am noticing very very small almost microscopic white bug like things jumping around in the egg tank. What should I do??

They aren't going to hurt them, but they wouldn't be there with enough blue. I dosed like 1-2ml in a 5.5.

Back
Top Bottom