Ram info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mazdaman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Saw a "german ram" i think at big als. Like it, can't find info on this fish. well the ram anyways. Do I even have the name right. Great colors, cool fins and seem to like to look out at whats going on around. Anyways any links, info and picuters welcome. Thanks

I absolutely love this fish. I am in the process of trying to find another tank just so I can get a pair of these guys. I have studied on these fish for about a year or so. No fish store around here sells them, have to go out of town. Anyway, here are some links I have found on the net, hope this helps.
fishybidnes

http://hjem.get2net.dk/Best_of_the_Web/blue rams.html
http://www.fishinthe.net/html/fishguide/fishguide_fish.php?FC=78&nl=&nt=1
http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile3.html

Hi Mazdaman,

While I haven't had much luck with rams in Edmonton water, they are definitely great fish if you can keep them happy. I would definitely not buy the rams at Big Al's though...I was at Dad's Fish Room on the weekend and they had some great looking ones! You should definitely try there first...

where is Dads fish room or is that your dads fish room. Why not big als that is where I saw them...

The LFS is called Dad's Fish Room. It is on 81 ave. right off of 99th Street. I have personally had some bad luck with fish from Big Al's, and always find the stock at Dad's of better quality...but, of course, that's just my opinion!

I'll second that for the Calgary Big Als's, my expeirence with fish from them has not been good. I prefer Riverfront in Calgary, they have healthy happy fish. Most of mine are from Riverfront.

Here's a pic of my blue ram:

7887newram2-01-03-05-med.jpg

There are more pics of them in my gallery. Just yesterday, I was able to find some females at the lfs ... so I'll try to post some pics soon.

jibboo-that is one beautiful fish. Are they that nice looking when they are young, or do they develop their colors as they grow? At the fish store where I found some, their color was really dull, but they were very small. Anyway, that is in my opinion, one of the best looking fish I have ever seen! :D

Mazdaman- Hope you can find what you are looking for, if the fish looks anything like jibboo's then you are going to have a nice fish. Good Luck! (y)

I just recently picked up 2 females from the same store ... when i went in they had a lot of them (20+) ... they had arrived the day before ... and most of their colors were dull in the store. I managed to find 2 females amidst all the males and they were pretty ugly in the store. But now that I have them home, you can really see some nice colors. ie: in the store I had a very difficult time recognizing their pink bellies ... but it is obvious at home.

So, not to say that all fish that don't look good at the store will look good at home, but it may be possible they aren't all that happy in their store environments and once they get home, they'll look better.

I've found, it also matters from moment to moment and where the light is hitting them to see the best colors ... I think I really got lucky on this pic. I obviously threw away all the ugly pics :lol:

Back
Top Bottom