rams and apistogrammas a good combo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
would rams and apisogrammas go well together or would they clash? say i had like 4 (3 female one male) rams and i wanted to add a male and female apisto. anyone try that before?

If your tank is an adequate size, yes. I've done it before, a few times.. and what I would suggest to you, is to rearrange your decor and add a few small terra cotta pots in your tank. This will allow the fish to setup new territories , hiding spots and your fish should get along fine.
hth.

Generally speaking, yes. As long as your tank is big enough and there are enough places to hide, they will likely just claim territories and chase each other with little or no injury. The only time you might have problems is if they spawn, but I'm not too sure as I have never tried this myself. How big is your tank, and how long has it been set up? Apistos are a lot like rams in that they are very picky about water quality and do not fare well in newer tanks. What species are you considering, apisto cacatuoides?

thats a male cacatuodes .. if you are going to breed, consider getting a 10gal. You can set up a pair in there and then have the fry grow and move them when they are ready..

Back
Top Bottom