RD is always hiding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
The RD i got a week ago is always hiding. I put a clay pot hoping he would us it until he got larger so at least you could still see him But no he has dug under it and stays on his side squeezed under it and the tank bottom. He comes out to eat and moves around a bit after eating then disappears again. I’m thinking about removing anything he can get under because I can’t stand a tank that looks like there is nothing in it. I also thought about moving the dithers from my 75 to the 55 to see if that would help because my severums don’t need them. What does everyone think? The last straw would be to take him back (which I don’t want to do) and get a different one thinking it’s just this guy is a scaredy cat.

The RD i got a week ago is always hiding. I put a clay pot hoping he would us it until he got larger so at least you could still see him But no he has dug under it and stays on his side squeezed under it and the tank bottom. He comes out to eat and moves around a bit after eating then disappears again. I’m thinking about removing anything he can get under because I can’t stand a tank that looks like there is nothing in it. I also thought about moving the dithers from my 75 to the 55 to see if that would help because my severums don’t need them. What does everyone think? The last straw would be to take him back (which I don’t want to do) and get a different one thinking it’s just this guy is a scaredy cat.

Whats an RD?

Do you have other decor in the tank? How bright are your lights?

Plastic plants, 2 brazillian swords and drift wood. It dosent matter if lights are on or off. When he is out if i even move in the room he darts into hideing. Its just the standard T8 that comes with most lights.

Full tank shot. He is under the clay pot (not in this picture but for last 2 days)

Attachments

• IMAG0576.jpg
    IMAG0576.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 61
I'd add some more decor, dithers might help too.

Thank you Ill try the decor first The dithers I have now in the other tank are rasbora Borapetensis or red tails. I think he would just eat or kill them. They are about 2" hes about 4" right now

Yea it's to open he feels exposed so more hiding spots will help to make him feel safe

Back
Top Bottom