Really need help. Save my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adamtron2000

Aquarium Advice Regular

I don't know if that picture link works but my kenyi is swimming head up vertically and can't seem to swim normally. I really don't know what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's a bummer. I would start with the basics, change 1/2 of the water, crank the heat to 85 or so. Have you tested the water?

water is wonderful. Everything is great. He/she is still alive and maybe getting better. Still don't know what the disease is.

Add some aquarium salt after a 25-50 % water change. It's always good to do. Check the water temp should be around 78. Make sure all filters are working correctly and watch for aggression. Tank looks "bare" add some more rocks and caves to help aggression.

Not to sound rude or discredit what anyone has said, let's start off back at the basics since we don't know the actual issues. In all honesty with the glare and shadows, it's difficult to really identify anything in the pic. Another one with the tank light on and room dark would be better.

Op, it would be more helpful to follow this link so we can establish a timeline and base for what has led up to this. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/before-posting-about-unhealthy-fish-read-this-32451.html

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Not to sound rude or discredit what anyone has said, let's start off back at the basics since we don't know the actual issues. In all honesty with the glare and shadows, it's difficult to really identify anything in the pic. Another one with the tank light on and room dark would be better.

Op, it would be more helpful to follow this link so we can establish a timeline and base for what has led up to this. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/before-posting-about-unhealthy-fish-read-this-32451.html

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I agree, I just answered off of what I had ?

Great. Thanks guys. Here's a better picture of the tank itself:
Here's some of the kenyi:

He's kind of hard to capture

the first thing to always do is a water change and see if that helps, don't just assume things are fine because your water parameters look good. Was this tank fully cycled? how long has this tank been up and running? Change any of the filters?

I told you 3 days ago in your other thread about the same topic to add some aquarium salt and see if that helps. It could be bloat..metro was also recommended. What are you feeding these fish?

your tank looks nice but mbuna need caves to hide from other aggressive fish.

Those rocks are cool, but were they tested for metal elements that may rust?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Those rocks are cool, but were they tested for metal elements that may rust?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can test rock?

My rocks are fine. I think it was bloat. I fed some peas and did some salt dosing. He's a trooper and healing very well! Since yesterday he's been swimming pretty actively!

Back
Top Bottom