Red Devil newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tracy Romanycia

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. Im looking for some advice. I rescued a red devil from terrible conditions. (Could not see the fish in the tank the water was that dirty!) Anyway I'm fairly new to cichlids and I'm curious. She won't eat hides when lights are on just strange behaviour I feel. Is she still adjusting? I have her in her own 90 gallon and have offered all kinds of foods. Pellets cricket worms she shows zero interest. Any thoughts?? Thanks.

Years ago I had a red devil with Oscar's and a clown knife and a couple dollar fish. My red devil was very smart and would hide from my much bigger Oscar's until he grew up and took over the tank. He ate gold fish feeders. Never had him not eat though. I never tried feeding him anything else though. Probably not much help. But it was nice memories of an old tank I had 25yrs ago.

Thanks for the reply. We have found the food she likes. She is eating and.... rearranges the tank at will. She lost her mate and moved to a new home and I think she was just nervous. Poor thing came out of aweful conditions. Just being in clean water and being able to see and breathe was a shock to her system.

Soak some sinking pellets in garlic.

Get one of them jars that have minced garlic pour out like a oz of the water in it.. and let some food soak in it for a few mins then toss it in.

Also try some frozen food like blood worms or black worms or brine shrimp.. beef heart…

Could try some live crickets.

Those are some ideas I’d try.

Back
Top Bottom