Redhump eartheater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billie_s_uk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My friend is trying to offload some of his baby red humps, I do not have a cichlid only tank, I've got rainbows, Congo tetra, anglefish, killifish, albino Corey's n bristlenose. I've got 200L tank. Would these fish be suitable for my community? If so, what ratio male to female is best? I read somewhere that the males can be bossy, so could I just have couple of females?
Any advice would be appreciated by people who have had experience with this fish.

i actually just got rid of my red humps. i had a few disasters in the house with tanks leaking and fish dying and i wanted nothing bad to happen to them so i gave them to my local mom and pop store who is taking great care of them. i had my two males from babies and they grew up just fine. i had them at one point in a 55 with 2 kribensis, 4 bolivians, 6 juvenile albino corys and 2 baby bristlenose, no problems. then i got rid of everythhing except the bristlenose and the corys. few months after that i had to re home some angel fish for a friend and put them in the tank with my red humps, still no problems. they are a very peaceful fish who only get about 6'' max. they are amazing fish i would suggest them.

Back
Top Bottom