Rope Fish + Oscar = ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbarr

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will my Senegal Bichir be all right with my Tiger Oscar??

They are both juvenile, and all together about the same length (~3")

For now, yes, but before long the oscar will likely be too aggressive for the bichir. Is it a ropefish or Senegal bichir that you have?

Oh, I had assumed that the term 'rope fish' applied to all eel-type fishes.

To clarify, it is a Senegal Bichir, and the Oscar seems to be leaving him alone, they're getting on fine.

It is going to be like spaquetti to him SLUUUUUUUURRRRP and then no more rope fish I wouldn't have wasted my money on him or get him a sperate tank.

The Oscar should outgrow the Ropefish, then when the O is big enough the Ropefish will look like a big tasty nightcrawler... :twisted:
oscar_rope.jpg

This is a 7" O eating a Ropefish, pass the Tabasco!

Not a great idea if your fond of the Ropefish.

ChileRelleno said:
The Oscar should outgrow the Ropefish, then when the O is big enough the Ropefish will look like a big tasty nightcrawler... :twisted:
oscar_rope.jpg

This is a 7" O eating a Ropefish, pass the Tabasco!

Not a great idea if your fond of the Ropefish.

snap into a slim jim ohhhh yeahhhhhh :lol:

Wow damn talk about photo op, eh??

Heh... It seems as though my oscar is growing slowly, maybe it's just me. He hasn't grown much in the 2 months I've had him though, and he has a varied diet of cichlid pellets, sinking pellets, flakes and mini-krill.

I'll keep a close eye on the two, until the O becomes big enough to eat my dino bichir.

Thx for the help, aye.

jbarr said:
Heh... It seems as though my oscar is growing slowly, maybe it's just me. He hasn't grown much in the 2 months I've had him though, and he has a varied diet of cichlid pellets, sinking pellets, flakes and mini-krill.
How big is the O's tank and what type of filtration?
NH3, NO2, NO3?
Too small a tank and poor water parameters are major growth inhibitors.

Juvenile O's normally average 1" per month until their growth slows as they enter into maturity. Most O's hit maturity at 7-9"(SL), most will achieve 8-10"(SL) in the first year.

ChileRelleno said:
Juvenile O's normally average 1" per month until their growth slows as they enter into maturity. Most O'shoot maturity at 7-9"(SL), most wil achieve 8-10"(SL) in the first year.

I was skeptical about this one myself one inch per month is alot but it has happened without fail. :crazyeyes:

Tank size and filtration is deff key factors in keeping water in good params. :painting:

Back
Top Bottom