Runt Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enrgizerbunny

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 4 angels in a 55 gallon and one of them is much lighter and smaller than the rest. Could adding two more angels help? I have noticed less chasing since my swords grew up, but he still seems stressed. The light one up front is the runt.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1469666694471.jpg
    1469666694471.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 80
I was thinking some more cover might help. Like a very large fake plant and remove later on as plants grow. A small one I have still has the aggression but can disappear into plants if it gets too much.

That's what he seems to do in the plants, but he's still not darkening up on his head like his siblings. His head used to be the same color as theirs.

That's what he seems to do in the plants, but he's still not darkening up on his head like his siblings. His head used to be the same color as theirs.

Although the others are darker some fish behave differently and it may be the substrate that is washing out his colour. A darker substrate normally encourages fish to darken up too.

I had this with my firemouth cichlids. Amazing difference when I went with a dark substrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He's hiding out a lot and he doesn't come out to eat :( he's definitely getting bullied, I've witnessed it.

Attachments

• 1471779404562.jpg
    1471779404562.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 51
Angels can be pretty nasty towards each other, you already have four in a 55g, adding more would be not only overstocking but could increase aggression in the tank, they can get pretty big.
I'm wondering if the "runt" Angel is getting bullied?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Angels can be pretty nasty towards each other, you already have four in a 55g, adding more would be not only overstocking but could increase aggression in the tank, they can get pretty big.
I'm wondering if the "runt" Angel is getting bullied?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I know he is.

He died sometime between last night and this morning. Flushed him this morning.

Back
Top Bottom