Sa and New World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dpeco33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there a forum on this site for Sa and Ne cichlids?

This one seems to be geared more to Africans

dpeco33 said:

There are plenty of knowledgable sa/ca fish keepers on this site. If you have any questions we will all be happy to assist you.

There are a few people who keep SA \ CA Cichlids, myself for one. I have a Jack Dempsey and a Green Terror. But yes you are right I would say most of the threads on here are about African Cichlids.

I am a fan and keeper of sa/ca cichlids I've had Oscars, flowerhors, red devils, jacks, convicts, firemouths and Texas cichlids. When I post about sa/ca cichlids I do get a few good posts in reply.

Yes..I see that to..but I don't always have questions..just like to read about others experience and noticed most is of Africans...

True..any mods think that would be goo? Too much trouble..or a pain? I don't know what it would involve..so if a pain..I certainly get that...lol

I guess just keep posting, we are here. I'm not to sure it worth having another nw sa cichlid subsection but maybe your right... Here are a few of my friends

ForumRunner_20121015_121119.jpg

ForumRunner_20121015_121136.jpg

ForumRunner_20121015_121217.jpg

ForumRunner_20121015_121155.jpg

SA guy here :) I'm keeping 5 geo tapajos right now. Not many geo lovers on here but that is to be expected I guess.

There has been talks about breaking up the cichlid section some. We just have to figure out where we draw the line. If it does happen there will be an announcement made.

Very nice! Mine are still little guys, just starting to develop their adult colors.

DVQck.jpg

73XAG.jpg

I mainly kept Africans till about a month ago. My buddy bred some Texas cichlids and when the fry got big he gave me his female. She is in a tank with a bunch of babies that I also got and I have to say I am slowly being converted lol. I lice the colors of peacock and hap tank but the Texas is a great fish. Sometimes it seems like she wants play and is a very funny fish to watch.

Attachments

• image-149996360.jpg
    image-149996360.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 95
msumpter87 said:
I mainly kept Africans till about a month ago. My buddy bred some Texas cichlids and when the fry got big he gave me his female. She is in a tank with a bunch of babies that I also got and I have to say I am slowly being converted lol. I lice the colors of peacock and hap tank but the Texas is a great fish. Sometimes it seems like she wants play and is a very funny fish to watch.

Pretty much same boat as me but my first SAs were some festae (red terrors) which are absolutely amazing! Lol

True..I used to have all the different mbuna..peacocks etc..but nothing like the many diff SA cichlids..all the colors in African are nice..but body style etc all seem the same..IMO only..not speaking for anyone else

Mrc8858 said:
Pretty much same boat as me but my first SAs were some festae (red terrors) which are absolutely amazing! Lol

When and if I get enough room for another tank (it will be #3) I'm going to get some red terrors. The same guy I got my Texas from has some and they are nice fish.

msumpter87 said:
When and if I get enough room for another tank (it will be #3) I'm going to get some red terrors. The same guy I got my Texas from has some and they are nice fish.

May look nice but temperament wise you won't find many fish even close to as aggressive as them haha

True..they are mean..and get quite large..even by Texas standards

Back
Top Bottom