SA cichlid as centerpiece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy crap nvm then how about a red terror (will be getting all these fish as babies)

Male red terror hits 20" and is very aggressive and territorial. needs a 6' tank

If u have the time could u go on shark aquarium on google ( it's where I get my fish) and go to the cichlid section and tell me what u would suggest as they have every single fish lol

The thing is most sa /ca cichlids will make snacks out of your rams. You need some one that has experience with ram tank mates. I have never kept rams. I also know nothing about bichir's. There are a couple members on here that can come up with a list so I would wait and see if they respond.

I'm not worried about my bichir at all he's big and defended himself I could move the rams out if I need too

How bout green retros sorry if I sound stupid just tossing names out there

I have a 34 inch tank could that possibly work? And I have a empty 10 gallon sitting around that I could put the rams in so let's not even count the rams anymore

If he gets to big I could upgrade him to a 55. They don't grow that fast and I'm guessing it will probably take so time so why can't i start him off in a 40

With the rams out you could possibly do a pair of firemouths. I dont know if the bichir would work with them.

Could I out a green terror with them and once he gets to 8 inches move him to a 55 with my bichir?

Could I out a green terror with them and once he gets to 8 inches move him to a 55 with my bichir?

Odds are the green terror will claim the whole tank and kill the bichir. But also the smaller foot print of the tank may stunt his growth.

R u sure about the bichir. He's quite mean and can hang with the toughest of fish

Back
Top Bottom