SA cichlid as centerpiece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a albino bichir (that wot get over 8 inches) a leaf fish and 2 Bolivian rams. I want to add a nice big SA cichlid as my center piece. It's a 40 gallon bow front. Here r my thoughts

2-3 peacock cichlid
1 Polleni cichlid
1 green Texas cichlid
1 electric blue acii
Any other suggestions

The only problem I have with the red devil is that it gets that huge bump on it's head which I think is freaky any thing else?

I have a albino bichir (that wot get over 8 inches) a leaf fish and 2 Bolivian rams. I want to add a nice big SA cichlid as my center piece. It's a 40 gallon bow front. Here r my thoughts

2-3 peacock cichlid
1 Polleni cichlid
1 green Texas cichlid
1 electric blue acii
Any other suggestions

The closest SA in this list is the Herichthys carpinte that is CA. I would not recommend these with rams as they would just be eaten. also the rest are African and the Polleni is Madagascar.

The closest SA in this list is the Herichthys carpinte that is CA. I would not recommend these with rams as they would just be eaten. also the rest are African and the Polleni is Madagascar.

What do u suggest then

Maybe a Keyhole cichlid I wouldn't go with anything to big or aggressive.

Well the reason I'm going with the cichlids is because there the most colorful fish which my mom wants. So is there any thing that would fit in the maybe some peacocks or how bout a fire mouth or no

Well the reason I'm going with the cichlids is because there the most colorful fish which my mom wants. So is there any thing that would fit in the maybe some peacocks or how bout a fire mouth or no

Fire mouth may work but again i dont know if the rams would be ok with him.

also wait for some others to respond there are other sa/ca that dont get too big for your tank and are not to aggressive.

Could I mix zebra obliquidens with my fish ik there African but there gorg

Back
Top Bottom