SA Cichlid Compatability for a Community Tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cyberkat

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone, I need some help. :) I have a 40g breeder that has 6 lf danio, a female beta, 8 pangio kuhli loach, 3 cory cats, 3 rams & 1 laetacara dorsigera. I may split the rams up soon or possibly re- home them and I will get another dorsigera for the tank later on. My question is can I safely add a pair of Rainbow Cichlids to my set up? I've read that since they are small they can be kept with dwarfs. However the rainbow and the dorsigera have similar looks, size & body shape so I don't know if they are compatible.

If you have experience with Rainbow Cichlids & Laetacara Dorsigera HELP!!!! :confused:

You could always give it a shot there is no cut dry science when it comes to cichlids there are lots of variables some fish of same species can become aggressive or be perfectly peaceful give it a shot see what happens

Archocentrus multispinosus are fairly docile even when breeding if your concerned about aggression. There are also quite a few fish in cryptoheros that would also do well, such as nanoluteus or sajica.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image-2568191788.jpg
    image-2568191788.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom