Safe to add fish with fry in tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
My buddy at the LFS is holding this for me and I was wondering if it's ok and or safe to add a fish while fry are in the tank. I'm not sure how long he can hold this fish as many people are interested in it. He only has one.

View attachment 81872

He's been in QT for 2 weeks now and no issues. He's ready for pick up. Going for $125.00 but I could have it for $25.00. I really like the look and it WAS in a tank with Mbuna's when it peaked my interest. Since then he's been like I said QT'd.

Last edited:
I dont think your fry will be in any more danger with this one than your others. My question is what it it? And will it play nice?

Jmedic25 said:
I dont think your fry will be in any more danger with this one than your others. My question is what it it? And will it play nice?

I'm trying to figure that out. Looks mean right? Someone said a yellow jake? But I dunno. I thought these were YJ's

View attachment 81874

Beautiful fish too!

Last edited:
He is awesome! Im worried about your Zebras and Labs whomping him....Again let me know how he does...I want one

He's a good looking fish.Just be careful only adding one fish that's when I've had the biggest problems with addition of new fish.I find the others see the new addition as a threat and stamp on it from word go.Hopefully you'll be ok though :)

47430-albums8745-picture34607.png

Get him one of these ^^^^ before you add him

I'm looking for some synotilapua afra cobue.1 male and 4 females but really struggling to find any.It sucks when you can't find what your after lol

garfy said:
I'm looking for some synotilapua afra cobue.1 male and 4 females but really struggling to find any.It sucks when you can't find what your after lol

Yes it does! BIG TIME! And I KNOW I'll NEVER find one that looks just like that :(

Man I hope it's there.

Lol this pastime can teach you the true meaning of frustration.In October I am moving to a bigger place and I have a fish room planned.I will have at least 6 big tanks all over a hundred gallons.I am so impatient lol

garfy said:
Lol this pastime can teach you the true meaning of frustration.In October I am moving to a bigger place and I have a fish room planned.I will have at least 6 big tanks all over a hundred gallons.I am so impatient lol

Wow! Awesome! Can't wait to see pictures. One day I too will have a fish room!

Jmedic25 said:
both of you are nutz....No way would I keep all thoes tanks LMAO!

I would in a heartbeat. But I would have to figure a way to arrange them that I could sit in the middle and watch them all at the same time.

Malawi Freak said:
I would in a heartbeat. But I would have to figure a way to arrange them that I could sit in the middle and watch them all at the same time.

That's where a leather swivel chair comes in.All part of the plan hehe

Back
Top Bottom