salt - how to add to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How should aquarium salt be added to tank

The easiest ways I've found to add salt to the water is to dissolve it into the water I would add after water changes or by placing it into a HOB filter so that it gets distributed throughout the tank as it dissolves. The amount of course is dependant on the type of fish you are using it on. Some do better in higher concentrations than others. As previously mentioned, use the instructions on the container as a starting guide ;)

Hope this helps...(y)

Whenever I used salt in the past I would drill out holes in a Tupperware, fill it with the needed amount of salt, and let it dissolve in the tank.

Sounds like a good idea I was asking because I heard salt helps fish with recovery and I have a few fish with damaged fins

Sounds like a good idea I was asking because I heard salt helps fish with recovery and I have a few fish with damaged fins

You'll find a lot of information on the Internet and LFS about adding salt to your aquarium, but I wouldn't add it for anything besides treating a parasite like Ich.

The fins will heal on their own. I've seen huge missing chunks of fins and monster gashes healed in less than a week.

I've learned to keep it simple and don't add anything you don't need.

5x5 said:
You'll find a lot of information on the Internet and LFS about adding salt to your aquarium, but I wouldn't add it for anything besides treating a parasite like Ich.

The fins will heal on their own. I've seen huge missing chunks of fins and monster gashes healed in less than a week.

Yea I'm starting to notice some healing on my red zebra, my bumblebee is dam near missing a whole side fin its just a nub was just looking for a process to speed it up is all but thanks for the info

No need to bother ... Though the right smount of salt can't hurt ... PWC's will help fins heal faster than anything else. Save it for treating a stubborn case of ick, or other illness.

5x5 nailed it ...I Should've just +1 his advice.:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom