Sand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use both :) certain fish of mine like the sand and others prefer the gravel.

Ok I used sand and noticing them outing it in their mouth and spitting it out everywhere lol... One has even dug under one of the hiding places... Could this be y its cloudy? I know I hvetoo many in here and I am taking two monday to my friend

image-253227102.jpg

I use 125 lbs of PFS (pool filter sand) mixed with 25 lbs of crushed coral across the top.

I found that the brand lighthouse has a better natural looking color instead of just white.

J19Reynolds said:
Ok I used sand and noticing them outing it in their mouth and spitting it out everywhere lol... One has even dug under one of the hiding places... Could this be y its cloudy? I know I hvetoo many in here and I am taking two monday to my friend

Too many what? I hope you mean too much sand cause there is a ton in there. Too much will create toxic nastiness in the bottom.

It could be that the fish are stirring it up. Malawi freak is right though, I think you have too much sand in there as well. I have a depth of around and inch and a half in mine.

I have 4 cichlids in a 10 gallon... I know now that is too small so I am taking 2 to my friend who has a bigger tank I am saving up for a bigger tank for the 2 I am keeping

J19Reynolds said:
I have 4 cichlids in a 10 gallon... I know now that is too small so I am taking 2 to my friend who has a bigger tank I am saving up for a bigger tank for the 2 I am keeping

Watch for petco to have their dollar per gallon sale. You can get a 55 for $55.

About how deep is it? Since its a 10 gallon it may just look deeper than it is but if that were a larger tank that would be way too much

I heard they were doin that sell now but I haven't see how tht worked there.... And it is from top to bottom 12 inches and 10 inches wide

Back
Top Bottom