sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rinse the sand a lot, turn off filters before putting sand in, use a plastic measuring cup or pitcher to bring the sand as close to the bottom. Do a 50-75% water change after done.

Depending on what type of black sand you're using it could be to fine to rinse in a bucket and you'll lose allot of it. Rinsing in the tank would work better. In my experience using the caribsea moon sand you don't need to rinse it to much.

It's petco brand I think black sand for freshwater and marine. And any ideas on the best way to change it out in an established tank.

isiah1820 said:
It's petco brand I think black sand for freshwater and marine. And any ideas on the best way to change it out in an established tank.

Take out all the fish, drain, remove decor, scoop out old substrate, put sand in 5 gallon bucket and rinse, add to the tank and fill taking care not to disturb the sand to much. While filling add your decor back in.

Yea went thru with it one thing I noticed was while rinsing the sand I lost some not a lot in the tub, hard to sift it

And how to get rid of these bubbles in the sand.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120930_111742.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120930_111742.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom