saulosi and peacocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticAl

Aquarium Advice Regular
A guy close by to me is selling a bunch of 2" saulosi for a dollar a piece. I was wondering if they are compatible with peacocks or if they might be to aggressive. Any thoughts?

Not so much aggressive as hyperactive compared to peacocks. They won't beat them up, but will cause stress and outcompete them for food. How big is your tank, and which peacocks do you have?

I have a 40 gallon breeder with ample rock work/ caves. I have a red shoulder than has the similar blues and a sunshine that has the salousi yellows. I was thinking about 1 male and 3 females. Do you think this would be okay?

Too much with the peacocks in a 40 breeder, the sunshine really should be in a 75 to start with. They're a smaller species, but claim a fair-size territory and are relatively aggressive for their size.
You could keep a group of the red shoulders in that tank, or a group of salousi, but not all together in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom