Scared Oscars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazyfish123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got got 2 new Oscars today. When I walk into the room they are at the top of the tank swimming together. But when the see me they float to the bottom. What do I do to get them to not be scared of me?

They are sulking. Oscars are drama queens. I'd keep the lights on minimal for the next few days.

Same thing happened when I got my oscar. Leave the lights off and they will eventually get used to you.

Thank for you help they are swimming around and they greet me when I come in the already take food out of my hand!

From all the threads you have been posting recently it just seems like you have serious stocking problems.

2 oscars will need a 125 gallon 6 foot tank by themselves. They grow fast so if you don't have a big tank now you need one ASAP. They make huge waste even when they're small. Keep the nitrates below 20ppm. It's hit and miss if they'll get along once they mature so be prepared to rehome one in several months if you need to.

Back
Top Bottom