Seachem Prim OD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just have a quick question..
I told a friend of mine to use Seachem Prime. I believe is a great if not best water treatment drop on the market. Anyway he got some and he said it ended up killing a few of his fish.. Swears he followed the directions. Of course he feels it's my fault. Has anyone every heard of Prime killing fish if over used?

It can cause issues if the tank temp is over 84f and you dose at over 3 times the dosage. Seachem recommends half the dosage. If the temp is below 84f, and you dose over 5 times the tank volume, you will see issues with the fish. However, this is easily corrected with a water change.

Following the directions, it does not kill fish.

rocksor said:
It can cause issues if the tank temp is over 84f and you dose at over 3 times the dosage. Seachem recommends half the dosage. If the temp is below 84f, and you dose over 5 times the tank volume, you will see issues with the fish. However, this is easily corrected with a water change.

Following the directions, it does not kill fish.

Yeah I told him! No way unless he used way to much. But maybe his tank is hot. I'm going to check.

Seriously doubt it's was Prime, I've used it at 5 times the recommended dose in a tank belonging to my dad - didn't even make the fish blink!

Back
Top Bottom