Seachem Trace Elements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just wanted to ask if anyone has had any exp with the Seachem Trace Elements product? It got good reviews on Amazon. Was just curious if this is a product that you add to your tap when doing WCs or if it's something that you have to mix with RO water. Also, isn't there good trace elements in tap water? Just wanted to know the pros and cons. Thanks

i have been using trace elements in my tank for about 2 years. i started when i was using a mix of ro and tap to keep a lower ph for my cichlids. after about a year of mixing i decided to gradually let my ph rise to the tap waters natural ph. i continued to use the trace elements as they are beneficial to my fish. i add it to all my water changes. i do a 15% water change every 3 days. could they live without it? sure but i don't believe they would live as long . my fish are healthy and most of them have been with me 3+ years. :)

Never used Trace elements but used to use Seachem Discus Buffer. I use Brightwell Aquatics products now but the same idea. Yeah there are minerals and what not in the water and a lot of fish will do just fine in regular tap water just use a little Prime or Kordon to detoxify some of the bad stuff and good to go. Some fish require more specific water conditions though and sometimes RO is necessary, especially for breeding and it is beneficial to remineralize the water. Like I said before though, I prefer Brightwell Aquatics DiscusCode as I found it far superior to Seachem. Got a pack of their products at an auction for $6 which is super cheap and it is all I use now all around. Great products. Switched from Seachem Flourish and Flourish Excel to Brightwell Aquatics FlorinMulti and FlorinAxis for plants and they've grown more in the last two months than they had in the previous six and DiscusCode instead of Trace Elements. Thats just me though. Even got a bottle of FlorinBacter which is the stuff to cycle your tank quickly and always thought that stuff was garbage but was blown away at how well it worked. Kind of off topic but, Brightwell Aquatics.

Yeah I've used Kent's and it is good but still prefer Brightwell Aquatics. I was talking to the owner of my lfs and from what he said, one of the main chemist's or whatever for Kent's had a little falling out with them and went and started his own company which is Brightwell Aquatics. Not sure if it is true but if so then Kents and Brightwell are probably very similar. I'd recomend Brightwell Aquatics

Yeah I've used Kent's and it is good but still prefer Brightwell Aquatics. I was talking to the owner of my lfs and from what he said, one of the main chemist's or whatever for Kent's had a little falling out with them and went and started his own company which is Brightwell Aquatics. Not sure if it is true but if so then Kents and Brightwell are probably very similar. I'd recomend Brightwell Aquatics

I don't have much experience with additives so I would take this advice Maridia.

Back
Top Bottom