Setting up a 90g cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viccy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have not had cichlids in a very long time , decades . It is time so I want ask those who know can I put angelfish in with African cichlids ( lake Malawi ) ? I would to heavily stock the tank with 9 large angelfish and small Africans thus giving the angels the size advantage .

No no, that will be a disaster haha. Angel fish are the biggest punks I've ever kept

I agree with the other members, mixing Angels with Malawi cichlids will likely end badly. You can keep other South American cichlids even big tetras with them. I keep Africans and South Americans together in three of my tanks. If your mind is already made up regarding the inclusion of Angel fish then research (Williamsi blue lips, red fin borleyi and red top hongi). I have kept these fish with a large school of silver dollars and Columbian tetras with no trouble
The borleyi actually school, rare for most Africans. The hongi rarely venture far from their caves, and the blue lips is a large non aggressive roaming loner. Reference size advantage. Most african cichlids don't depend on size, its speed, quickness and extreme tenacity. Hope this helps.

Thank you all for your reply , I am bent on African Cichlids however it will be with the exclusion of the angel fish . The angel fish can stay where they are . It is time for some research on the African Cichlids that will make this tank their home

Back
Top Bottom