severum fight or ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sayan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today morning wen I was feeding my fishes I just watched that my 2 gold severum suddenly attach their mouth to each other and moving.looks like a kiss. Not only ones,they did it 2-3 times.what was that?was it a fight or something else? I don't know my severums are both male or one male one female? How can I recognize this?help and suggessions are always welcome.thanx

@Fish4bass8, but they just juvis... at wat age severums start to pair up and start breeding?

Locking lips is usually a part of fighting. It's when 2 fish are evenly matched they lock lips in an attempt to establish dominance.

Ok that's grt.but I'm worrying bout them. Is that fight can make them wound? Or this kind of aggression to each other is a simple behaviur between the seves?

Usually doesn't cause injury because they typically only engage in this when it's 2 equally matched fish. It can occasionally cause an injury but it's normally harmless.

Thanx. Now I'm a bit secure to know this. Generally from wat age severum start up breeding?

Mine r of almost 8 months old...probably dats why they r behaving like this now. I watched them several times bt they never trying to hurt each other except dis lip lock ha ha

Back
Top Bottom