Shell Dwellers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eyring2210

Aquarium Advice Activist
Where are some good places to get shell dwellers? Most likely need an internet source unless you can suggest a LFS near SW New Hampshire. :cool:

Also, this will be for a 10g. tank so suggestions or tips for care in that size will be appreciated as well.

Id check aquabid.com. You will get the best deal there usually. For a 10g a group of Multis (neolamprologus multifasciatus) would be good. There is only 1 auction for them now and it's a website's. I'd wait a couple weeks and see if any more are on there. Lamprologis brevis are good too but you'd only want a pair in a 10g. They pair off and a 10g won't provide enough territory for 2 pairs. Multis live in colonies and males have multiple females...and they will breed quite readily.

Multis love alot of shells..I believe Brevis like more open space then shells. So that may help you decide which fish to go with as well.

Also see if any of your fish stores can special order either of those.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion! How many Multi's should I be looking at for a colony? I don't want to overcrowd them.

You could have 2 males with 2 or 3 females each. I have that in a 14 gal. The Multis are best foe smaller habitats.

Attachments

• Multies home.jpg
    Multies home.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Multies Temp Home.jpg
    Multies Temp Home.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Multies Body guard.jpg
    Multies Body guard.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Picaso.jpg
    Picaso.jpg