shipping fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bminnow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Im wondering if anyone has shipped fry via ups or priority post? Or recived for that matter. Im wondering how they keep the water temp correct. Do you just put one of those hot packs in the cooler with the bag or does this add too much heat. A friend wants me to overnight ship some convit fry and im trying to figure out how to keep the water at 82 for shipping.

I don't use anything but USPS Priority to ship and receive all my fish, including fry as small as 1/2" with either a heat or cool pack. I know some people ship in the winter but when temps start near freezing I stop until spring unless they're willing to pay for overnight with a heat pack which is fine.

Last edited:
So do you use the hot pack you stick in your mittons lol. Thats what i was thinking of using anf placing it under the bag in a small styrofoam cooler with an old towel packed all around that to prevent shifting and keeping heat in. I know thosee things get pretty warm for the first hour or two and worry bout cooking them lol. That being said convits are pretty tough hehe.

Back
Top Bottom