Should i feed crickets to my oscar or live feeders??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

714fishlover

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Oscar is 5 1/2 in and he has never ate nothing live and I think he getting tired of dried food...

Maybe go with frozen but I would not go with live feeders because of potential disease introduced to your tank/fish.

Thanks I think Ian going to feed them crickets...but bow do I Feed them crickets?do I just I throw them inside the aquarium or do I have to cut their legs?

Toss a cricket in the tank stand back to avoid the splash. My oscar would launch himself at live crickets, it was almost scary.

ya what Rich says :) the first time your Oscar may have to figure out what is floating up there but when it does (just like rich311k said stand back :)

This may sound weird but try fresh peas, I know its not "live" but they are great for color

Toss a cricket in the tank stand back to avoid the splash. My oscar would launch himself at live crickets, it was almost scary.

Ain't that the truth, my pair are both over 14" and there's days when I need two towels to dry the hardwood floors.

In addition to the crickets, nightcrawlers and red wigglers from the bait shop are also a Oscars favorite treat.

Just be sure the nightcrawlers are not treated with a preservative, they sometimes do that

Just be sure the nightcrawlers are not treated with a preservative, they sometimes do that

The only time I'd worry about that is with nightcrawlers from your own lawn if treated with weed control or fertilizer, commercial worm farms that supply bait for the fishing industry does not contain preservatives. By law there would need to be a ingredients or warning label on each container, and for the last 35 years of buying nightcrawlers I've seen no such label.

Back
Top Bottom