skittish cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingcichlid87

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi guys was just wondering is all cichlids skittish when i walk in the room or throught the room to get to another room they all seem to hide behind the rocks but after a while they come out and swim about but if i get up off the sofa or walk back in the room they hide again .. is that normal ?

hi guys was just wondering is all cichlids skittish when i walk in the room or throught the room to get to another room they all seem to hide behind the rocks but after a while they come out and swim about but if i get up off the sofa or walk back in the room they hide again .. is that normal ?

I have a Jack Dempsey and a Green Terror and they are both pretty skittish.

Have you had them for a while? The more common things are to a fish the less scared they are of it. Many Fish also get to know the people they see all the time and who feeds them. One of the best things I ever did with my discus was take all of the decorations out of their tank so they had no where to hide. Soon they had nothing to be scared of.

Have you had them for a while? The more common things are to a fish the less scared they are of it. Many Fish also get to know the people they see all the time and who feeds them. One of the best things I ever did with my discus was take all of the decorations out of their tank so they had no where to hide. Soon they had nothing to be scared of.

Smart idea ^^

yeah thats a smart idea ive only had them around 2 weeks now . but the guy i got them off has had them for years there all adult fish

Kingcichlid87 said:
yeah thats a smart idea ive only had them around 2 weeks now . but the guy i got them off has had them for years there all adult fish

They are probably still trying to get use to you, whomever is around the tank and the different tank. They should turn around after time.

Back
Top Bottom