Small Oscar with ebjd Senegal and leporinus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ebjdkeeper22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a wide and long 55 gal that houses a ebjd a large Texas cichlid a Senegal bichir and a black banded leporinus I want to get a juvenile tiger Oscar but don't want there to be issues. I plan on getting a 150 gallon so it would only be temporary unless they get along once they grow up and will live in the 150 peacefully. What do you think?

It might work in the 55g, but territorial disputes may pop up once again when you get the 150g. The texas may not like the oscar, but you won't know until you put him him. Be aware that even though the oscar gets along with everyone in the first few months it won't always be that way. Around 5-7" the oscar might get more aggressive. Also, oscars grow pretty quickly, much faster than ebjd.

How big is your ebjd?

He's almost 4 inches. I know the oscars grow real quick so I wouldn't get one right away I has wanted an Oscar for a while so I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work out I don't want a species tank really

You can always make a divider using egg crate lighting and pvc pipes to separate him if you have any issues. Fill it with gravel or sand to help it sink.

Here's a picture

img_2128884_0_6db36e62df34bd522ddfec97dd3c5255.jpg

Back
Top Bottom