SMALLER ANGEL FISH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RockyT~

Aquarium Advice Regular
My daughter has a 10 gallon tank for her room. She loves my angel fish. She wants some for her tank. i have told her that i don't think there are any that would stay small enough for her 10 gallon.(it has a 3 glass fish and 3 rosy barb).

when she wanted fish we made her go to the store pick what she liked and then come home and research it out. she is 10! and really good with her fish. she helps with water changes, has a schedule for feeding them, she is really serious about the whole thing and its really cute! she takes her "fish duties" as she calls them seriously.

i have researched but didn't find any. Thought i would check the vast fish knowledge here.

she is willing to part with some of her allowance to get a bigger tank if we can find some angels that could stay in a 20 gallon tank. i told her not to get her hopes up! but i would check.

thanks
guys

If you could go up to 29 you could keep two. One might work in a twenty I have never tried it though.

i had 1 in a 20 but after about 1 1/2 years it seemed a little cramped. a 29 would be a real nice upgrade and could easily house an angel. aswell as a nice mix of other fish. but there are no angels that stay small unfortunatly. best i can say is buy her a baby angel and keep it in the 10 for a few months then upgrade to a 29 gallon for a birthday or some other occasion. hth

My boyfriend's sister has a 20 gal with an angel in it and a sailfin pleco...oy it kills me too look at that tank i feel so bad for the angel the tips of his fins barely miss the bottom, and the pleco is probably 6" :( Its not really my place to tell her to do any different. I would go for the 29gal.

I had 3 angels ( silver and stiped ones ) 3 green tiger barbs a pleco, a fancy tail goldfish, a spotted catfish thing and a swordtail all i na ten gallon for like 3 years and they did fine, obviously this was my first tank and it was given to me with all the fish, otherwise i wouldn't have had that many in there, when i put them in a 29 gallon they lived for about another year and died

that would be good lol but her birthday is in december LOL so how long before it gets too big???

i have a 30 gallon i could "donate" to her and get me a 55 LMBO!!!!

thanks for the info. i told her that was probably the case, but thought it couldnt hurt to ask. she is in love with rosy barbs right now! ~sigh~ so many fish so little room!!!

thanks again guys!

Any excuse for another tank is a good excuse. You could get 6 angels, grow them in the 30, then when they pair off, move them to the 55 for breeding.

I was so hoping this thread was a scientific breakthrough... :lol: I wish someone would just go ahead and genetically modify angelfish so they don't get bigger than, say, 3".

Mini-angelfish would sell like CRAAAAZY - and while we're dreaming, why don't we make them happy, even while breeding! Heck, we could even make them hardier when they're young! :p

the only thing about ebay is most will not ship them, and there arent really any for local pickup where i live :(

i talked to hubby last night and am getting my 55 gallon!!!!! of course his first thought was he wanted a salt tank, but i gently reminded him he forgets to feed the dog and i already take care of

(counting in my head) 5 or 6 tanks. i am NOT doing a salt tank on top of that!!!! told him he could have the 55 or 46 for cichlids if he wants!

Sweet; congrats RockyT~! :D

Talk to my wife now, will ya? She thinks we don't have room for any more tanks. :| :lol:

tell her you could have a hobby that takes you away from home like GOLF lol then you would have to buy golf clubs, ect..........lol

or i always tease my husband about his tmaxx cars when i want something and he says no, usually works for me LOL

Heh... my other hobby is PC gaming, and it's upgrade time, so I don't think comparing hobbies is a good plan right now. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom