Snail problem in fry tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivers2k

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 20 long with 2 month old Firemouth fry. It is getting over run with MTS. Is there any fish I can put in to kill of the snails but wont eat the fry? I really don't think there is but I thought I would put it out there. I am currently waiting for my LFS to get assassin snails in.

Yoyo loaches need a larger tank and also should b kept in groups. I'd suggest just waiting for your LFS to get the assassins, or order them online or from someone on the forum.
In the meantime, try to pick out as many as you can by hand:)

Yoyo loaches need a larger tank and also should b kept in groups. I'd suggest just waiting for your LFS to get the assassins, or order them online or from someone on the forum. In the meantime, try to pick out as many as you can by hand:)

I agree, but I do know the op has other tanks that the yoyos could be moved to after doing their job

I agree, but I do know the op has other tanks that the yoyos could be moved to after doing their job

Yes I do. So the yoyo's wont munch on the fry? I have been wanting to get one anyway.

What about clown loaches? I had them in the past and really liked them.

Back
Top Bottom