So I went ahead and got an Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrayishTuna6

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Long story short I was planning on getting an EBJD, but I opened my mail and found a $117.50 red light camera ticket! Yay! So I went a bit cheaper and got an Oscar instead. I don't have the best luck with oscars (or stopping before turning on red), but I really want to try again. I think it's mainly just stress that killed it, the last one just started to breathe heavy and float 3" above the bottom of the tank. He's about 2" now got home about an hour ago with him. He's isn't doing that at the moment so I'm hoping my curse has been lifted, but incase he does, what's the first thing I should do?

Also, my water is about darn near perfect. So it's not that.

good choice, I've never had an o before and am excited to watch him grow. I got mine little over a mo. ago. As long as you keep water clean and feed healthy diet everything should be fine. When I see any symptoms/possible symptoms, I post it on this forum asap =)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130812_212724.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130812_212724.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 52
What are you currently feeding your Oscar? I have frozen BW, Mysis, Omnivore Variety, and Beef Heart all for my fresh Angels. If I remember correctly BeefHeart isn't the best for oscars. So I'm thinking of picking up Hikari pellets tomorrow. Tonight he got a cube of Blood Worms.

Back
Top Bottom