So yea, the 125-180 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I am very excited to build my first, I guess large tank, will be between 120-180 gallons, I came up with the list of fish, but I still have some questions
Ps, it probably won't happen till the summer, or later
So this is the list I came up with
1 Oscar
1 severum
1 blue acara
1 fire mouth
5 silver dollars
Ok so here are the questions
1. I want either one other large cichlid, or a school of fish like the silver dollars
2. Is it possible to make it a planted tank?
3. Any other tips I need?
Thanks for following!
Ps, if you know anyone that is selling a 150 gallon- 180 gallon, please pm me, and also for cheap, I almost got a 150 with everything for 200
Thanks!
Oh, and question 4 and 5
4. Can I add a sailfin pleco
5. What catfish could I add, preferably at least 3
Thanks!

I wouldn't add the Oscar or silver dollars if you want a planted tank. Oscars will produce so much waste and destroy the tank. Same with plecos. Silver dollars feed on plants. I would go with amazon swords and Vallisnaria. Angelfish might be a good option for a large species. Porthole catfish would be your best option for catfish.

Ok, we'll I guess I won't do a planted tank
Even with double filtration you don't think it will be enough?

It isn't the filter action but rather the fish you want to add. Silver dollars feed on plant matter. Oscars are highly destructive so it would ruin the look. To replace the silver dollars, I would go with pictus cats or Honduran red points.

Ok so for the catfish I decided to get 3-4 pictus cats
Also, what other cichlid could I get?
And can I put apple snails in there or no?

I wouldn't add the apple snail. For cichlids, Honduran red points or a jaguar cichlid might work.

Ok, so I am very excited to build my first, I guess large tank, will be between 120-180 gallons, I came up with the list of fish, but I still have some questions
Ps, it probably won't happen till the summer, or later
So this is the list I came up with
1 Oscar
1 severum
1 blue acara
1 fire mouth
5 silver dollars
Ok so here are the questions
1. I want either one other large cichlid, or a school of fish like the silver dollars
2. Is it possible to make it a planted tank?
3. Any other tips I need?
Thanks for following!
Ps, if you know anyone that is selling a 150 gallon- 180 gallon, please pm me, and also for cheap, I almost got a 150 with everything for 200
Thanks!
Oh, and question 4 and 5
4. Can I add a sailfin pleco
5. What catfish could I add, preferably at least 3
Thanks!

Ok so i take it it is no longer a planted. But eith that stock minus the oscar, dont pick a jag. Extremely aggressive.
Woul most likely kill everything else in there. I personaly would just put the oscar back and have one of them. Or a small school of severums. What are you looking for? Something aggressive?

Well, no, I'm looking for something like 3 large sized cichlids, and maybe 2-3 medium sized and a small school if silver dollars

Back
Top Bottom