Socolofi's going to be a mommy!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Menagerie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, we've been watching and waiting and she has eggs in her mouth!! This will be her third time. The first time we didn't even know it happened until we found a wee little one hiding in the rocks. The second time we let her finish her gestation in the QT tank and there were over 30 fry. They were with us for 3 months, but when we moved, none of the LFS would tank them. The little guys did not survive the move (our only casualties :cry: ).
This time we are ready for them and we know of two stores that will take them when they are big enough!!

P.S. The father is believed to be our white zebra.

Update: She doesn't have the eggs in her mouth anymore!!! I was walking by the tank and there she was up at the top staring out and opening her mouth wide. My fiancé and I wonder if one of two things happened.
1--the eggs were never fertilized (she's had two broods before)
2--if somehow she was stressed and didn't want to go through brooding. The two big males (zebra and blue acara) had been hanging around her area....
:cry:
I was looking forward to taking care of her and the little ones--now that the QT tank has stopped killing its inhabitants!

I don't know that they WANTED hybrids, but they will take them and they sell all sorts of "assorted" cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom