Something wrong with parrot cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Weird? Added some salt and temp at 80 f. Ph is fine too. Switched him to bigger tank was in 10G now 29G. Won't eat ether. About in their for 29 hours.

Attachments

• image-2019448572.jpg
    image-2019448572.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2911633374.jpg
    image-2911633374.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 93
Is he floating all the time? Is he bulgy? What are the water params? Was he like that in his other tank as well?

absolutangel04 said:
Is he floating all the time? Is he bulgy? What are the water params? Was he like that in his other tank as well?

In the other tank he was perfect ate and swam mid-level. He now is ether laying low or being weird like that. He is still like that. Was with platys now with zebra danios and pleco. Water params? What that? Not really bulgy I do I think and does t really float.

Fishie said:
In the other tank he was perfect ate and swam mid-level. He now is ether laying low or being weird like that. He is still like that. Was with platys now with zebra danios and pleco. Water params? What that? Not really bulgy I do I think and does t really float.

Params = parameters = ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.
You are suppose to be checking them daily because of the move.

Mumma.of.two said:
Params = parameters = ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH.
You are suppose to be checking them daily because of the move.

Lost color chart thing got 1 bottle of ammonia tester and 2 of same . No nitrite tester

How did you acclimate him to this new tank?
I asked about being bulgy and floating in case it was swim bladder disease.

:( I stink at keeping fish and don't know to
much about them! Once he got in the tank he was okay for a few hours and then he started acting weird or that's when I noticed.

Fishie said:
:( I stink at keeping fish and don't know to
much about them! Once he got in the tank he was okay for a few hours and then he started acting weird or that's when I noticed.

No you don't stink at it. You just need to be doing a bit more research before jumping in (like buying danios :D).

Mumma.of.two said:
No you don't stink at it. You just need to be doing a bit more research before jumping in (like buying danios :D).

Yea I do. Thanks ! Makes me feel better. But every time I go to petstore I come out with more than I needed. Fish that look cool deserve a home with me :D . Danios are doing good though.

KonvictKeeper said:
I think thats just how parrots are... We have em at a nursing home and they usually lean on the heater, or the intake tubes. Perfectly healthy too. Same with all my LFS's.

My chihlid is been there for a while that's why I was wondering (still is) plus he hasn't eaten but could of been from move. I think he is fine since heater is stronger he could be hanging around it now.

Fishie said:
Yea I do. Thanks ! Makes me feel better. But every time I go to petstore I come out with more than I needed. Fish that look cool deserve a home with me :D . Danios are doing good though.

That's good. Just have to learn a bit of patience. If I spot a fish I like I whip out the good old iPhone and do some quick reading in the store. :)
So next time your there get yourself a full master test kit. Have you done a water change on the 29 yet? What have you been feeding the sick fish? Have you tried fasting for a day?

Mumma.of.two said:
That's good. Just have to learn a bit of patience. If I spot a fish I like I whip out the good old iPhone and do some quick reading in the store. :)
So next time your there get yourself a full master test kit. Have you done a water change on the 29 yet? What have you been feeding the sick fish? Have you tried fasting for a day?

I might whip my iPhone out too. (using app on this) haven't changed water yet . Trying to feed sick fish though he just sits there. Was moving around earlier. Proably Friday will get master test kit.

Fishie said:
I might whip my iPhone out too. (using app on this) haven't changed water yet . Trying to feed sick fish though he just sits there. Was moving around earlier. Proably Friday will get master test kit.

He's only been in the new tank of a day, give him some time to get use to it. If I where you I'd change some water everyday just to make sure it's as clean as possible until you get your test kit.

Mumma.of.two said:
He's only been in the new tank of a day, give him some time to get use to it. If I where you I'd change some water everyday just to make sure it's as clean as possible until you get your test kit.

Ok I will do that put stress coat in won't do any harm if there aren't any chlorine? Right?

He is eating and bent very well now!! :D acts like himself

Back
Top Bottom