South American Cichlids Fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fish Frank, Acara are very closely related to green terrors. It's been my experience with the GT's that keeping two males in a tank is very difficult. Chances are your acara are males. Thankfully Acaras are a much more docile fish than their GT cousins. My daughter kept a single 5" electric blue Acara in a community tank with no aggression problems. It's likely things will work once they establish boundaries. Nice tank.

Fish Frank, Acara are very closely related to green terrors. It's been my experience with the GT's that keeping two males in a tank is very difficult. Chances are your acara are males. Thankfully Acaras are a much more docile fish than their GT cousins. My daughter kept a single 5" electric blue Acara in a community tank with no aggression problems. It's likely things will work once they establish boundaries. Nice tank.

Thanks man, much appreciated advise.

That tank will be a war zone if left as is?? 6 angels alone is a night mare waiting to happen. Not a nice tank, maybe now..

I do agree with brookster that this is a high risk tank. My experience with situations like this is that everything is fine.....until it isn't.

It goes from relative peace to chaos overnight sometimes.

Thanks for the advice guys. Most of the fish I have are quite small and I introduced properly the two acaras fighting is the first fight I have witnessed in 1 year.

Watch it closely, all it takes is eggs at 6 pm and lights out... all heck breaks loose and you lose fish. I had 2 jumpers, lid literally had only a small openeing around the filter output, they wanted out that bad.

Back
Top Bottom