Starting a Ram Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your lfs will probably have a substandard strain that will die a few months after you get them, you'd really be best to order fro m yunite

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I lost mine in a couple of weeks. I also think I brought in a disease from my LFS. Learned my lesson. I am buying from yunite as soon as eBay sends me my $20 discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes!! I agree. I am excited!! Got to get some caves first though......

Also, I have 2 dwarf gouramis (male) which can be a bit on the territorial side. Do you think they will be ok with GBRs?

Well...

1) Rams don't absolutely NEED caves. Mine has a small one, but it doesn't use it all the time. It's kinda a optional thing, as long as you have hiding spots (rocks to hide behind, plants, etc.), and your tank is well planted. Cheers!

2)I'm not sure about the dwarf gouramis, keep in mind GBR like higher temps of 82 ish

I just meant do you think I have enough plants and hiding spots for rams? Temp is about 77-78 right now.

Meh, I'd add a bit more, and yes, in your case I'd add some rocks and caves... Got a creek or river nearby? You're gonna have to bump up the temp to 81-82

Meh, I'd add a bit more, and yes, in your case I'd add some rocks and caves... Got a creek or river nearby? You're gonna have to bump up the temp to 81-82

Ok I can get some caves. Can't think of any rivers around here but we have lakes I can get freshwater rocks from.

Re the temp - no problem, I think all my other fish are ok with that. Might be a bit high for the cories but do-able I think.

I have my temp even higher and my cories are fine. Do you have pandas? Panda cories prefer cooler temps.

I have my temp even higher and my cories are fine. Do you have pandas? Panda cories prefer cooler temps.

No they are julii cories. In a different tank I also have albinos which may end up in the main tank at some point, but no pandas.

Back
Top Bottom