starting up a hybrid tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish-lord

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First Of all I want to say if you don't like hybrids save your time. I'm doing it anyways... Currently I have a mostly male show tank that I'm hoping to transform into a breeding tank. I want to put a great mix of cichlids and hope for the best.
Current Fish:
2 midas cichlid, 7 & 5 in
1 very bright pink and blue OB, 4.5 in
1 German red, 4.5 in
2 electric yellow labs, 2.5 in
1 tiger Oscar, 3.5 in
2 what seem to be red zebra, 2.5 in
2 common plecos, 4 & 5 in
1 striped rapheal cat, 7.5 in
1 pictus cat, 5.5 in

ForumRunner_20130929_103434.jpg

ForumRunner_20130929_103351.jpg

Sorry for bad image quality, I used my nexus 7.

I think its over stocked. The 2 plecos are just nasty waste producers and the midas cichlids can get very territorial same goes for the Oscar.

Yeah I get that a lot I've been doing this for a while and know what to watch for, but the 2 midas and Oscar are all going into a 300 gal show tank but that has some giant predators so even 7 in is a little small to toss in there, but thanks I like the input.

Welcome :) glad to see your taking the advice and not ignoring it and going out and buying more fish like some people on this website :/

And the plecs are some of my favorite fish even though they do produce a lot of waste. My tank is currently super over filtrated with 2 405s is what I believe they are.

So, what all do you plan to keep in the 75g for breeding? I am not sure what you want your final outcome to be since you said that some of those fish are moving to a different tank.

I'm keeping the peacocks in it of course I just need some help picking different species of peacocks when I get the females. I want a random outcome but a lot of people tell me some won't even breed with other types.

Back
Top Bottom