Stock Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
What are the easiest cichlids to care for? I was given 2 baby yellow labs, so I need ones that get along with them and easy going temperment (I know most are aggressive)?

Also, I had painted my tank background blue and now I want to do it black, how do I remove the old paint?

Scrape the paint.. I like all the afras and they are among the less aggressive mbunas.

Scrape the paint.. I like all the afras and they are among the less aggressive mbunas.
Can you name a few ac's?
what do I scrape with that won't scratch glass and do you have a suggestion on if the paint makes a difference if it gloss, semi-gloss, or flat?

Ones I was talking about are the white top afra, afra cobue orange back, and afra jalo reefs. I don't know much about this one but I think they are beautiful and that's the Pseudotropheus Flavus

The edge of a razor blade will take most of the paint off without scratching the glass...u may need to use a glass safe stripper but try the blade first

There are many fish that can go with them safely just do a little research on what's available to you and do a little fish profile Google searches. When looking at profiles you don't want to mix another Labidochromis with them and also you don't want to mix afras with other afras. Oh and look at their aggressiveness and make sure all are mild or peacefully Malawi cichlids.

There are many fish that can go with them safely just do a little research on what's available to you and do a little fish profile Google searches. When looking at profiles you don't want to mix another Labidochromis with them and also you don't want to mix afras with other afras. Oh and look at their aggressiveness and make sure all are mild or peacefully Malawi cichlids.

hmmm okay...you may be helping/advising me what to stock:brows:

Back
Top Bottom