Stock list issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do not, mixed with a few Peacocks and very mild mbuna(the greshaki and a few acei). I was scorned so strongly about mixing African lake species I've never attempted it, though knowing you I 100% understand any attempt at it knowing you will do your due diligence. I would say they will work out, just realise though they carry the mbuna namesake they do not carry the aggressive characteristics. I'm sure you're well aware.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks TMRC. I do know the labs are mild compared to most. What I'm reading about the calvus and the cyanostictus is that they are only aggressive towards their own kind and ignore others for the most part. I have no problem separating if need be. I may just go with some Neolamprologus Leleupi for a splash of yellow but need to do some more research.

Understood, not trying to sway opinion at all, just offering my limited experience. I think they will keep up, given the other species. That's great you can supply the algae needs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks TMRC. I do know the labs are mild compared to most. What I'm reading about the calvus and the cyanostictus is that they are only aggressive towards their own kind and ignore others for the most part. I have no problem separating if need be. I may just go with some Neolamprologus Leleupi for a splash of yellow but need to do some more research.

Avoid leleupi, they tend to be crazy, sometimes bordering kamakaze like lol What about a school of tanganyikan killifish? They're expensive, but I think would make your tank stand out among the rest!
64yyQXL.jpg

Synodontis petricola would be a good choice. I love my little guy and plan to add a couple more.

For color? Hmm...maybe do some lamprologus ocellatus "gold"?

My tank is setup with shells on the right for the shellies (and apparently my altolamprologus sp. sumbu white dwarf, who are fighting the multies for turf lol) and then rock on the left side for the catfish (what are left after losing my biggest two :'( ) and my spathodus erythrodon "burundi" female (goby cichlid, close to the cyanostictus). Then I have the driftwood for the birstlenose

Avoid leleupi, they tend to be crazy, sometimes bordering kamakaze like lol What about a school of tanganyikan killifish? They're expensive, but I think would make your tank stand out among the rest!
64yyQXL.jpg

Synodontis petricola would be a good choice. I love my little guy and plan to add a couple more.

For color? Hmm...maybe do some lamprologus ocellatus "gold"?

My tank is setup with shells on the right for the shellies (and apparently my altolamprologus sp. sumbu white dwarf, who are fighting the multies for turf lol) and then rock on the left side for the catfish (what are left after losing my biggest two :'( ) and my spathodus erythrodon "burundi" female (goby cichlid, close to the cyanostictus). Then I have the driftwood for the birstlenose

The petricola are in my list just didn't post that. I had them in the past in a community tank. cool little guys. I'm looking into the killies now. they almost look salt water.

Back
Top Bottom