Stocking ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am building a 55 gallon tank and putting it in the wall !! But I have a few questions with stocking if anyone can give opinions and ideas it would be greatly appreciated!!
I'm thinking one male two female for each.

3 sunshine peacocks
3 blue regal peacocks
3 German red peacocks
3 sulfur head peacocks
1 synodontis decorus

If I'm not mistaken both the Gsp(green spotted) and the F8's do better as they mature with brackish water. Please don't quote that. I'd google them first.

Just bored at work on my phone and thought I'd chime in. :)

Ohh ok well that's good to know any other thoughts ??

the GSP's def need brackish, more as they grow. Plus, they are so sensitive i personally wouldn't do them w/ africans .. just my opinion :)

i love the peacock stock though!!! that would look really dope!!!

Really I already have alot gaha ?? I'm happy to hear I could add more I'm just checking

they say the max should be 10-15 africans for a 55gal .. i have 20 in my 55 now because i mixed lakes before i researched & just decided to overstock to lower aggression instead of rehoming LOL

i plan on upping to a 100-125gal towards the end of this year though

& if you're breeding, its recommended you have 1male for every 3females .. i would follow this if you really want to breed

HOWEVER - i hadddd that ratio & didn't breed a thing .. once i ruined that & ended up with about 1 to 1, they started poppin out babies lol

it should be easy to pick out the males & females though since peacocks have telltale signs

I kno all this just because I breed them now in my 75 gallon n have two breeder 10 gallons set up haga but thanks for the tip !!! I didn't kno bout the females what do you think bout kribenis ?? Putting a few of them in there ???

Italy592 said:
I kno all this just because I breed them now in my 75 gallon n have two breeder 10 gallons set up haga but thanks for the tip !!! I didn't kno bout the females what do you think bout kribenis ?? Putting a few of them in there ???

lol i'm usually the one getting advice so sometimes i go overboard when i get to give it haha

& i really couldn't say about the kribs .. mine were always REAL mellow but they lived with an oscar (years ago when i was a newbie) so maybe thats why

ronnieroach said:
REALLY?!? i woulda thunk it'd be the other way around!!

The only experience I have had with puffers. A good friend if mine had a fahaka puffer that would actively hunt and kill anything else that got added to the tank. For what that's worth.

Mogurako said:
Nope puffers are vicious and will tear just about anything up.

Well that I know because my GSP's always ate any nano fish I tried to add, but I assumed because of size (esp. the size at the time of purchase) the peacocks would be dominant.

I wanna do another GSP someday w/ a ray of some sort .. someday

ANYONE HAVE A DEF ANSWER ON IF ITALY SHOULD ADD KRIBS?

lol I'm eager to find out too, Italy!!

I read kribs are from Niger & I admitt I know DIDDLE about geography but I thinkkkkk that's africa lol (don't hate on my stupidity :)) but I have no clue if they'll work together

I would GUESS the aggression levels would be different

Well peacocks are more calm than most African cichlids n kribs r docile too so that's why I thought it was ok !!

Back
Top Bottom