Stocking 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok joking aside.I have Buenes Aires Tetra in with mine.Also 3 convicts.Although my Festae range between one and two inches at the moment so the aggression hasn't fully kicked in yet.Silver dollars may work but I have a feeling they will be toast when they mature.

garfy said:
The thing with the convicts is they seem very tough and as They are such prolific breeders I see the fry as a source of food for the Festae.

Ya my buddies festae which is about 5" made quick work of his convict population, they're all gone... Lol

No the adults were in another tank these were juvies ranging from 1"-3"

Honestly even if he put the adults in at this point I don't think theyd last a week. Back on topic though.. I was thinking of maybe a jaguar cichlid and some type of catfish. Any suggestions?

Well pretty much anything I wanna keep is gonna have to be pretty feisty to hang with an adult festae lol. I might just go with a Freidrichstahlii,Dovii,Lyonsi, or Trinaculatas from Hukits suggestions. I've never stocked a tank like this considering how freakin big these guys will get lol

So what about a school of silver dollars? Think the stand a chance with say my festae and a dovii?

Im having the same problem with my 240.

I have one really aggressive fish and all this tank space i cant fill.
But i shall get rid of this fish.

But while having it ive thought of many ways i could stock this tank more.

Silver dollars/red hooks
Arowana
Giant gorumari
And some of the chiclids you named.

What have you UNsuccessfully kept so far lol and what is your aggressive fish.

Im not a fan of adding a fish unless im sure it will survive
But ive lost a couple of my red sevs.

Back
Top Bottom