Stocking Advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfool58

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 75gal Tank. I was Told that adding 5 fish, 4 different species would be the ideal stock for me, with a couple bristlenose plecos. First question.. Do I need plecos, or will any thing else do, loaches, catfish, etc. & second question will these 5 species do.. ( not interested in breeding until I learn more about these fish) 1. Yellow Labs. 2. Mainganos. 3. Red Zebras, & 4. Haras. My substrate is Sand, & i don't think I have quite enough rocks & caves yet, still looking into getting more rocks.. I have fake plants, & 1 of each, anubias, java fern, java moss(looked cool at my lfs, doesn't look so good in my tank.. ha). Marineland 330 biowheel, marineland maxijet 1200 powerhead.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image-1308022391.jpg
    image-1308022391.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 156
First off nice tank :) other then i think it could use a black background.
Those Cichlids should be fine together from what i know but thats not much ;) But they may not get along with those plants as they get older.

Last edited:
I agree tank looks good. I'm more for the natural look. If it were me I'd pull all plants and like Andy said paint the background black. That's just me though all those neon plants would drive me crazy lol. But hey! To each there own right?

I say great job on your tank and of your happy with it then that's what matters most!! :)

Those are just my own opinions and by no means was I knocking your scape :)

Good luck with your tank!!

The Con

Yeah, I am going to paint the background, just need a full day off with nothing else planned to do it.. & I had some of the plants.. & when I got the rest, I was still thinking of just doing tropical, the Cichlid was a decision after I bought em all, but yay for discounted items! Lol. & I like the natural look too, that's why I switched to sand.. Thanks guys!

Once I find more rocks.. I will only have the plants on the side & in front.. Idk it adds color right now, cause I'm not getting my fish til mid september.. But the fish I get will have all the cover.. I'm just worried my filter cant handle the bioload..

I think your tank looks awesome but then it looks a lot like mine...LOL.(y)

Here you go
tank.jpg

fishfool58 said:
Yeah, I am going to paint the background, just need a full day off with nothing else planned to do it.. & I had some of the plants.. & when I got the rest, I was still thinking of just doing tropical, the Cichlid was a decision after I bought em all, but yay for discounted items! Lol. & I like the natural look too, that's why I switched to sand.. Thanks guys!

Paint it when you do your next water change. Just drain out more than usual and pull the tank out on one side, spray paint, push back and pull the other side out. The painting part will only take 15 minutes.

Malawi Freak said:
Paint it when you do your next water change. Just drain out more than usual and pull the tank out on one side, spray paint, push back and pull the other side out. The painting part will only take 15 minutes.

Thanks I'll have to do that, Cause my tank is actually in my closet.. So I have like a half a foot on one side, & a foot & a half on the other side.. & I worded it wrong,
I meant 5 fish of each species which was 4 species.. 5 yellow labs, 5 Mainganos, 5 red zebras, & 5 Hara.

Update.. Got all my little fry.. I decided to go with Yellow Labs, Haras, Mainganos, & Rusty. I've got about 10 of each right now, so when they grow, I will know i have a better chance at having the correct m:f ratio.

I don't know if anyone is still following this, but if you are, I have fry, Yellow Labs, Maingano, Rusty, & Hara sp. I am possibly getting a 6 foot tank, how many new species could I add, & what do you guys/girls suggest adding?

Back
Top Bottom