Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

All_fish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 75 and a pair of baby jds in my 5.5.(no comments on that. They were a gift from a friend and all other tanks were stocked.

My ideas were

Pair of jds

Some type of pleco

School of 3-4 silver dollars maybe or giant danios

Maybe a freshwater snowflake eel

Green terror cichlids?

Dimensions are 48" x 18"x 21"

I would say a pair of JD'd and some danios would be fully stocked.
and maybe a BN pleco

Stay away from snowflake eel. I'd go with silver dollars over the danios. They look better and swim in schools. I'd get 6 at least. I tried a green terror I'm my 125 American cichlid tank and it caused so much of a menace that I had to remove it from the tank so I wouldn't put one in

Stay away from snowflake eel. I'd go with silver dollars over the danios. They look better and swim in schools. I'd get 6 at least. I tried a green terror I'm my 125 American cichlid tank and it caused so much of a menace that I had to remove it from the tank so I wouldn't put one in

Why no snowflake?

And would a green terror work if I introduced the jds and him at the same time when they are little?

I remember looking into getting one and read that even though places sell them as freshwater, they need at least brackish water or else it will die in a matter of months or so.

It is highly doubtful that the green terror would make it with the jacks empress, if you really wanted another fish you can get something like the blue acara

I remember looking into getting one and read that even though places sell them as freshwater, they need at least brackish water or else it will die in a matter of months or so.

It is highly doubtful that the green terror would make it with the jacks empress, if you really wanted another fish you can get something like the blue acara

I read that they can live 3-5 years in fresh and 5-15 in brackish.

Might as well just get the 125 now, if not I would go with the 2 jacks, 6 silver dollars, and a bn pleco. If you really want another fish maybe a severum. Fire mouth might work I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom