Stocking List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish wrangler

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been doing more research now and want to know what you think of my current stocking list. I don't know how many of each I am going to have but I do know what species I want. They are in order of what I want most. If two of the wont get along I am going to take the top fish over the bottom one. Thanks.

1. Yellow Labs
2. Hongi Cichlids
3. Demasoni Cichlids
4. Mbamba Cichlids
5. Bumblebee Cichlids

Michael

I have been doing more research now and want to know what you think of my current stocking list. I don't know how many of each I am going to have but I do know what species I want. They are in order of what I want most. If two of the wont get along I am going to take the top fish over the bottom one. Thanks.

1. Yellow Labs
2. Hongi Cichlids
3. Demasoni Cichlids
4. Mbamba Cichlids
5. Bumblebee Cichlids

Michael

The bees might get too big depending on tank size and with my experience drmasoni and the hongi assuming your talkin red top hongi they Dnt get along to well my one demasoni terrorize my 2 hongi doesn't really inflict any real damage tho.

Edit they should be good in a 75

The bees might get too big depending on tank size and with my experience drmasoni and the hongi assuming your talkin red top hongi they Dnt get along to well my one demasoni terrorize my 2 hongi doesn't really inflict any real damage tho.

Edit they should be good in a 75

Labidochromis sp. "Hongi" that is the hongi that I am looking at

Yea that's the red top

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130806_224147.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130806_224147.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 72
You would want about 3 species so you should be good with what you have but if you were to add one more, red zebras not too aggressive and not too big.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130806_225050.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130806_225050.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 75
nice color but I have the yellow labs that are yellow. So now the question is how many and male:female ratios. any suggestions?

You could do blue zebras then and 2 to 3 females to each male

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130806_225729.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130806_225729.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 69
updated current list is:
1. Yellow labs- 8 w/ 1m:3f
2. Demasoni-20
3. Blue Zebras-8 w/ 1m:3f

Good options or no? I am looking at a tank this weekend so if I buy it and get everything I need fish are the last thing I am unsure of. Thanks

Michael

Thats alot of fish... your prolly gonna have to do more water changes then normal. A 75g isnt really much bigger then a 55g just alil wider so i think its wise to stick around the same number .. in a 55g its suggested 15-18 thats lightly stocked to i think mildly stocked.

Here is a stocking guide

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/lake-malawi-mbuna-stocking-dcor-hardware/

Earlier you mentioned bumblebee.. you could do pseudo. Chasolis they look very similar in coloration if its the yellow and black barring you liked.

I would do 5 chasoli or elongatus bees, 5 yellow labs, 5 cobalt blue zebra or a fish similar to the coloration of demasoni which you could even add more to the numbers or get a couple synodontis catfish ... just depends on what you like and the look you are going for

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=860

my chasoli are more yellow mayb bc they are younger..

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=2193

Back
Top Bottom