stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luckylloyd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have a 450 ltr bowfront tank that I'm soon setting up I would like to stock it with an...
Oscar
Elec blue jack dempsy
Green terror
1 pleco
Can I have any more fish in the tank and if so what ones could I have ?
Thanks

I would cross out the EBJD, they grow to slow and are to shy for that stock list. I would have 2 large fish, a school of dithers, and the pleco.

The tank is 120g.

Last edited:
Amphilophus labiatus or 'red devils' go well with oscars and green terrors, we had 1 of each in a 500L tank and they was wonderful together.

alLexX said:
what kind of pleco? how many gallons is it?

Not sure yet I already got a gold nugget plec a common plec and a bn plec witch one could I put in ?

Luckylloyd said:
Not sure yet I already got a gold nugget plec a common plec and a bn plec witch one could I put in ?

And it's 120 gallons

HUKIT said:
I would cross out the EBJD, they grow to slow and are to shy for that stock list. I would have 2 large fish, a school of dithers, and the pleco.

The tank is 120g.

What r dithers ?

get rid of the EBJD(to slow growing) and you could put whichever pleco you wanted. i suggest the common,the BN might get eaten and gold nuggets are pricy(but if you have more attachment to the common,put in the gold nugget)

alLexX said:
get rid of the EBJD(to slow growing) and you could put whichever pleco you wanted. i suggest the common,the BN might get eaten and gold nuggets are pricy(but if you have more attachment to the common,put in the gold nugget)

I got my gold nug for £15 at my lfs it's only two inches long and it's colour is amazing

I got my gold nug for £15 at my lfs it's only two inches long and it's colour is amazing
well,depending on the size of the cichlids,he might be ok,but you gotta remember that they are predators.

alLexX said:
get rid of the EBJD(to slow growing) and you could put whichever pleco you wanted. i suggest the common,the BN might get eaten and gold nuggets are pricy(but if you have more attachment to the common,put in the gold nugget)[/QUOTE i would like my common n gold nug in my bowfront with the other fish is there any other I can have in there from my fresh water tank eg: silver dollas , clown loach , blue acara,

alLexX said:
get rid of the EBJD(to slow growing) and you could put whichever pleco you wanted. i suggest the common,the BN might get eaten and gold nuggets are pricy(but if you have more attachment to the common,put in the gold nugget)[/QUOTE i would like my common n gold nug in my bowfront with the other fish is there any other I can have in there from my fresh water tank eg: silver dollas , clown loach , blue acara,
i dont know,sorry.

Back
Top Bottom